Proposal for the resumption of competitions
12th May 2020
The course will re-open after the closure due to COVID-19 on Wednesday 13th May and members will be able to play golf once again under certain restrictions.
It has been agreed that the men’s section will continue with the published club calendar for the 2020 season after allowing for a period of social golf so people can get back to playing. This will depend on the availability of tee times and our ability to run competitions in line with the Club’s new Golf Policy.
However, there will be the following amendments due to the need to practice social distancing and the obvious time restraints:
- Captains Day, Anniversary Scramble, Men’s Invite to Guest and the Mixed Invite will be cancelled
- A Team, Bees and Crown League matches have been cancelled
- All pairs and team competitions will be cancelled i.e. only singles comps will be arranged until further notice
- Some competitions may well be organised on a different basis than may have been the case in the past
- E.g. Over two days instead of one
- Sam’s Salver will be run as a singles competition this year
- Time restrictions lifted
- Individuals booking in via the Pro-shop / PSI
- Initially, comp fees may be cancelled (TBC)
- For Charity Comps - participants donating directly to the Charity in question via a JustGiving page set up by the committee.
- If circumstances allow, missed events / competitions will be rescheduled towards the end of the season and in “free” weekends (for example the Bank Holiday fourball could be replaced by a missed singles competition or a Captains Charity event).
- Monthly stablefords will run as in the calendar or amended to be rescheduled Trophy Competitions.
We plan to run the Royal Marsden Eclectic (the deadline for entry has been provisionally moved to 1st June), the “Best Of” series and the Order of Merit but will announce more once we know when we can start playing competative golf.
All of these proposals are provisional at this stage and will be amended as more information becomes available. You should assume there are caveats to each and all of these considerations including the possibility that social golf will be mandated by the Gov’t and England Golf initially.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding. Looking forward to seeing you all again on what appears to be a well maintained and welcoming Cottesmore Golf Course.