Turkey Trot and December weekend Stableford
19th November 2020
Men’s Section December Competitions
Saturday/Sunday 5th/6th December – Weekend stableford (one week earlier due to the change of date for the Turkey Trot (see below). £5 entry in the pro-shop and by sign-in on the PSI before play.
Saturday 12th December – Turkey Trot
The Committee has been discussing competitions for December in light of the lock down and have decided to move the Turkey Trot to Saturday 12th December in order to ensure that we run it within Government guidelines and give time to make arrangements for the competition.
Turkey Trot arrangements – subject to Government Covid-19 restrictions
The format will be three pairs per tee, playing foursomes (alternate shot) making a team of 6. For social distancing reasons the teams will play together this year and each team will have a designated tee time – i.e. it will not be a shotgun start.
Prizes will be in the form of vouchers which may be used to buy your Christmas turkey.
To enter, please organise your teams as follows:
- Each team is made up of three pairs playing foursomes stableford (entry £30 per team).
- Each pair that will make up your team should be entered separately online via the members website or on the PSI.
- The team captain should email Jon Ford with the names of the three pairs making up the team.
- Pairs may also enter if they are not in a team of six and will be assigned to a team when the draw is made.
- The draw will be made on Monday 7th December and sent by email and published on Facebook
To reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19, players may replace their partners golf ball when lifting and placing golf balls.
Please do not socialise outside your team of 6 after the round.
Note: If Government restrictions do not allow groups of 6, teams will be reduced to 2 pairs.