Poppy Day Event - Monday 15 November - Updated 25 Oct.
30th September 2021
An update on the Poppy Appeal. Thanks for all your support – tee times are filling up and a Just Giving Page has been added.
The Poppy Day Event is one of the major charity days at Cottesmore and I hope you can continue to support the Poppy Appeal this year. It will take place on Monday 15th November 2021. The format is teams of 3 in a Texas Scramble.
The following will apply:-
• It will be a sequential start on the Griffin (two tee start )from 08.30 and 10.14 on the Phoenix.
• The format will be a Texas Scramble.
• Teams can be men, ladies, vets, juniors or a mix of any of those.
• There will be a competition on both the Griffin and Phoenix.
• All entrants are encouraged to make a minimum donation of £15 per team (£5 per player) to the Poppy Appeal. All cash generated will go directly to the Poppy Appeal. Remember if you pay tax your contribution will receive a 25% boost.
• A Just Giving page has been set up by Erik Sorensen, CVGS captain. Many thanks Erik for your support and generosity.
Entry to the competition is available via the Cottesmore website , so please go to future competitions and do sign up if you have not already done so.. If you cannot make up a three you could still put your name against a tee time and others in a similar position can join you.
Prizes – we are planning to have a number of 4 ball vouchers. There is also an opportunity to win Poppy Appeal Medals. All entrants will receive a metal ball marker or metal Pitch Repairer with the Poppy logo.
Alex. Morrison, CVGS Immediate Past Captain